A MUM stopped breathing and almost died after taking a diet pill endorsed by British model Jodie Marsh.
Melissa Calladine, 31, took one nutritional supplement promoted by the bodybuilder on Instagram.
The mum-of-two suffered five anaphylactic episodes and claims her heath has been ruined, reports the Sunday Mirror.
Melissa said she “almost died” and added that her doctor informed her the illness could be related to the pill she took.
She told the paper: “I suffer from extreme anxiety, terrified that having another attack will kill me and leave my children without their mum.”
Melissa, from Bridgend, South Wales, ordered the £8.75 JST Jodie Marsh JFlext Joint Care supplement after reading about it on the star’s Instagram page.
However, chemical element iodine, which Melissa is allergic to, is contained in the pills despite not being listed in the ingredients online.
The single mum’s mouth began swelling just minutes after taking her first tablet and she “started shaking”.
She flagged down a police car which took her to her local GP surgery, and was then rushed to hospital in an ambulance.
Melissa added: “You read about people dying like this. I felt so out of control. All I could think about was that my kids could be left without their mum.”
She was given three adrenaline shots and survived the terrifying ordeal.
Jodie urges her 440,000 followers to buy the supplements by writing: “If you suffer with #IBS then you need Neptox!! “Our mega sale might be over but right now it’s buy one get one FREE.”
NOTHING I CAN DO
She responded to say that iodine is mentioned on the small print of the bottle and also on the website.
Jodie added: “The product does say under ‘nutritional information’ on the website that it contains iodine – and it does say it on the bottle.
“If someone with a known iodine allergy takes it, there is nothing I can do about that.”
It comes after a top doctor urged Facebook and Instagram to stamp out celebrity endorsements which put young Brits health at risk.
NHS medical director Professor Stephen Powis said social media giants are profiting by pushing the “quick-fix” treatments which can be harmful.
Ryan Giggs’ bro begs him to pick up phone and end 7-year rift over wife affair
Speedboat killer releases pics of him cradling son he hasn’t seen for a YEAR
McGregor told girl ‘I’ve been waiting for you’ before ‘romp that got her pregnant’
Ring bought at boot sale for £10 is actually DIAMOND worth £740,000
‘RESULTS ARE IN’
Connor McGregor’s cryptic message after mum claims he’s father of her baby
tears of DESPAIR
Homeless man cries ‘I can’t do this anymore’ before dying on freezing road
Celebrities including Kim Kardashian, Vikki Pattison and Katie Price are paid to promote the unproven products such as diet pills and detox teas to their millions of followers.
Professor Powis said: “The risks of quick-fix weight-loss far outweigh the benefits, and advertising these products without a health warning is damaging and misleading.
“Highly influential celebrities are letting down the very people who look up to them.”
The Sun Online has approached JST for comment.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at email@example.com or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.