COPS have charged five men over a suspected acid attack on a three-year-old boy.
West Mercia Police say the boy was deliberately targeted and have not commented on a possible motive for the attack. Here’s what we know…
Who are the Worcester acid attack suspects?
Five men aged between 22 and 41 have been charged with conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm.
In connection with the incident on July 21, a 39-year-old and 41-year-old both from Wolverhampton were charged, alongside a 25-year-old, 22-year-old and 26-year-old all from London.
In the wake of the incident, Chief Superintendent Mark Travis said: “The family are coming to terms with something that is quite shocking.
“It’s a difficult time for them and we need to make sure that while we work through the investigation they are safe and secure and are allowed to deal with the issues that they face.”
What happened in Home Bargains?
A substance was thrown towards the three-year-old boy as he sat in his pram during a family Saturday afternoon shopping trip.
The incident occurred at around 2.15pm in Home Bargains on Shrub Hill Retail Park, Tallow Hill, Worcester, on Saturday, July 21.
Witnesses to the horror scene described seeing a woman crying and being comforted by police officers, as another claimed a “skinny white guy” fled the shop after the attack.
The area was quickly surrounded by police and ambulances.
Cops said the whole incident was captured on CCTV and they believe it to be a deliberate attack on the little lad.
Arthur Collins was found guilty of the London nightclub acid attack
Here’s what we know so far about the Worcester acid attack on a boy, 3
Five charged over ‘acid attack’ on boy, 3, at Worcester Home Bargains
Cops hint Worcester acid attack on toddler was linked to ‘community dispute’
NEED TO KNOW
Pour water IMMEDIATELY and never use milk – experts’ acid attack advice
Was the three-year-old’s dad involved?
Sources have claimed the three-year-old’s dad was involved in the horrific incident.